Yeah! First blog of the New Year!
Well, first blog ever actually. My first blog in the history of forever and ever (I assume I couldn’t have blogged in any of my past lives, considering there was no such capability). So I guess that makes me a blogging virgin.
This blog is the product of a New Year’s resolution to blog my random musings in hopes somebody somewhere might find them amusing rather than absurd. Since I have never written a blog, I feel I must lay down some ground rules for myself. I will not:
· Write about Britney Spears/Paris Hilton (whether separately or simultaneously).
· Make spelling mistakes. They aren’t cute when they’re done on purpose and are downright annoying when done accidentally.
· Use chat speak, such as OMG, LOL, JK, etc. (unless it is absolutely needed for emphasis or is being used as a direct quote).
Now the things I promise to do:
· Write my random musings as they come to me, which will probably result in many tangents.
· Share my oh-so important opinions.
· Try to be serious once and a while.
· Make up words whenever I feel like it (this doesn’t break the spelling mistakes rule!).
· Create a schedule for my postings (that way my huge fan base won’t go crazy with anticipation).
· Share funny videos and pictures.
· Create fun contests and polls.
· Make you fall in love with parentheses.
These lists can be amended at any time, of course, and I am absolutely open to suggestions. Give the people what they want, right?
Anywho, I suppose this is the point where I divulge all of my hopes, dreams, and secrets in an attempt to get readers to connect with me. I think I’ll stretch this out though. I want to keep you coming back for more (it’s a cliffhanger, if you will).
Happy New Year!