Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year, New Blog


Yeah! First blog of the New Year!

Well, first blog ever actually. My first blog in the history of forever and ever (I assume I couldn’t have blogged in any of my past lives, considering there was no such capability). So I guess that makes me a blogging virgin.

This blog is the product of a New Year’s resolution to blog my random musings in hopes somebody somewhere might find them amusing rather than absurd. Since I have never written a blog, I feel I must lay down some ground rules for myself. I will not:

· Write about Britney Spears/Paris Hilton (whether separately or simultaneously).

· Make spelling mistakes. They aren’t cute when they’re done on purpose and are downright annoying when done accidentally.

· Use chat speak, such as OMG, LOL, JK, etc. (unless it is absolutely needed for emphasis or is being used as a direct quote).


Now the things I promise to do:

· Write my random musings as they come to me, which will probably result in many tangents.

· Share my oh-so important opinions.

· Try to be serious once and a while.

· Make up words whenever I feel like it (this doesn’t break the spelling mistakes rule!).

· Create a schedule for my postings (that way my huge fan base won’t go crazy with anticipation).

· Share funny videos and pictures.

· Create fun contests and polls.

· Make you fall in love with parentheses.

These lists can be amended at any time, of course, and I am absolutely open to suggestions. Give the people what they want, right?

Anywho, I suppose this is the point where I divulge all of my hopes, dreams, and secrets in an attempt to get readers to connect with me. I think I’ll stretch this out though. I want to keep you coming back for more (it’s a cliffhanger, if you will).


Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Carrie Harris said...

Uh... I'm already in love with parenthesis (really). ;)

Carrie Harris said...

Or parentheses, even.