Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Anthropomorphic Creatures!!!


Okay, so you're probably wondering what's up with all these little cupcake bears on my blog. So am I.

You see, I decided when I was making my blog that I wanted a cute, random picture for my profile picture. Goal achieved! I typed in "pink cupcake" (because I like both things) and voila! Pink cupcake bear was found.

Since then, I have done many more searches on pink cupcakes and found many more of these bear/cupcakes. My natural curiosity made me investigate their origin.

So now I can proudly say that these pictures are the product of amigurumi. Amigurumi is the Japanese art of knitting or crocheting small stuffed animals and anthropomorphic creatures (which explains the rabbit bonbons). A little creepy, I know. But pictures of them are so darn adorable! I've already saved about a million of them to share on my blog whenever I feel the random urge. They probably won't even usually have anything to do with what I'm writing about either. How fun! I now encourage you to go look up your own creepy anthropomorphic creatures!

3 comments:

Carrie Harris said...

How cute! I think I need to get me some patterns and make some pink cupcake bears of my own!

me said...

It sort of looks like a decorated fuzzy hairball.
Maybe it would be cute if it wasn't so pink. Actually the world would be better if it was less pink in my opinion.

Mariah Irvin said...

Excuse you, me (ha ha that sounds funny) but pink fuzzy things rule!