Thursday, January 22, 2009

Dasaloff

Yay blog makeover! I think it's totally dasaloff.

Again with the explaining!

Dasaloff: (dah-sah-loff) adj. Excellent, amazing, wonderful, frickin' spaztastically deliciously amusing.

Yes, this word is made up. I admit to it. Now I'm obligated to tell you how it was born (I have an anecdote for everything).

One day, I was wearing a shirt that said "I can't believe buffaloes don't have wings." This, of course, was during Jessica Simpson's stupid period. Anyway, my friend somehow read the shirt backwards and saw "dseolaff" which we decided should be pronounced dasaloff. Then we ran around saying "that's so dasaloff!" all the time, and it became a word. We hoped it would catch on like in the book Frindle but it hasn't yet.

Ta da!!! Now, whenever I share funny things, they shall be referred to as dasaloff.

Have a dasaloff day!!!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Ooh, I've always wondered about its origins. It's totally "dasaloff". It just a matter of time until it *happens* - you know, unlike "fetch" which I keep trying to resurrect.