Monday, February 23, 2009

French Fries, Suitcases, and Mafia Hit Men

Yay! I finally figured out how to show space between paragraphs on my blog! If that doesn't tell you that I'm not technically inclined I don't know what will.

It works!!!

Anyways, I found an awesome contest yesterday. It's kinda like NaNoWriMo, but with plays. It's called Script Frenzy, and the goal is to write a 100 page play in the month of April. I'm considering signing up, but April is probably going to be the craziest month of this year for me. Who am I kidding? I know I'll end up forcing myself to write something amazing in thirty days. Neglect family, friends, showers...

But the thing I found really funny about this website is that there is a little tool bar developed to help writers come up with plots. Basically, there are three sections, and when you click a button random things that don't relate to each other whatsoever come up. It's hilarious. I wrote down a few examples, in case they come in handy:

"After being bitten by rabid penguins, a ruthless gold digger can only be seen by toddlers."

"Battling a Red Bull addiction, a hamster with impulse-control problems hot wires an abandoned hot air balloon."

"After a harsh break-up, a ill-mannered Turkish diplomat rushes an elite Southern sorority."

"Tired of a monotonous day job, David Hasselhoff tries to break into pro Sumo wrestling."

"In a world ruled by earthworms, a kangaroo breeder travels back in time to kill Hitler."

"Tired of endorsing golf products, a poor, lonely french fry switches suitcases with a Mafia hit man."

No comments: