Friday, March 13, 2009

You Think You Can Rice Krispie Me?

My friend, who will forthwith be referred to as Wifey (don't ask, it's a long story), told the funniest, lamest joke today. I won't retell it because it's pretty corny, but just know it has to do with Rice Krispies.

I'm not really sure why I just mentioned that...

Anyways, I found a picture of a girl that looks sorta like what I imagine Piper, the main character of my book, looks like:



Piper's eighteen though, and has green eyes (a rare combination). And her hair is naturally red. Okay, so the picture isn't perfect, but it's the closest thing I can find. It would be funny if I always walked around with a camera though, and said to random people "Can I take your picture? It's not for anything creepy, I promise. I just need it to look at when I'm writing." Weird. I've attempted drawing pictures of Piper, but without an image directly in front of me I have trouble drawing from my mind.

I like the big eyes look though. Not like in Pretties, but large enough to attract attention. Oh, and freckles. Piper has lots and lots of freckles.

I also see her in a fairyesque way:

redhead fairy by ~raluka07 on deviantART

But that picture doesn't show the curls in her hair. This picture is almost a happy medium, besides the frizziness:


As you can tell, hair is my major preoccupation right now.



That's just for funsies.

5 comments:

Ali G. said...

Yessssssssssssssssss for redheaded leading ladies! I feel so proud of my species when I read about a main character who has red hair. :) And that seems a lot like me...between frizzy and curly (except shorter), and I have hazel-ish eyes. Sweet!

Mariah Irvin said...

I wish I had red hair, and that's why Piper does! Also, cuz it's dasaloff.

Kiersten said...

Dude, took me totally by surprise when I saw that you were shopping for prom dresses. Way to write well at a young age ; )

Also, I have truly green eyes, but alas, my hair is brown/blonde/some lame in-between color. Someday I will dye it red.

Soñador said...

I think I finally figured out why I associate the name Piper with red hair. It's because it sounds like Pippi! Like Pippi Longstockings! Fun.

And next time Nick comes by to try to talk to Katie you need to come over to my locker to ask me a question so you can eavesdrop better. Observing real life drama might be useful in your writing someday! Maybe Nick is a mutant monster who is going to try to eat Katie, but she will hold him off by chucking her Italian meatballs at him which we have to go find some salt to pour on him to make him shrivel up like a slug.

You never really know.

Mariah Irvin said...

Kiersten: Wow, you're my new favorite person!

Sonador: Maybe it could be my plot for Script Frenzy...