Monday, April 13, 2009

What Does "Lib" Really Mean?

The amazingly snarflicious Carrie Harris just sent me a crochet ninja. It's incredibly dasaloff. I love crocheted things. My camera is being stupid right now, so hopefully I can post a picture of it by the end of the week. Until then, here's an anthropomorphic crocheted thing (animal bon bons!):



I also scored a new Mad Libs book. I was curious what the word "Lib" meant, so I looked it up, and it turns out it's the short form of liberation or library. Weird.

Anyways, I finished one, and I think it's pretty funny:

Afraid of the Dark

I was home alone and scared out of my culsdesac. I could hear the wind chopping and off in the distance an octopus was howling. I crossed the room, locked the shuriken, and climbed into bed, pulling the lamps over my tongue. Then it happened. I could hear a sock chilling up the naughty stairs. My toenail started to chatter and my knees were calculating. The highlighter was thrust open and there was a huge post-it with hair all over his kneecap. It was my father. "Hi, we're home," he said readily. "Hope your weren't afraid of staying home alone." "No," I said, lying through my nostrils.

2 comments:

Carrie Harris said...

Your dad is a post-it? I should have known. :)

Mariah Irvin said...

I didn't even know! I did know about his hairy kneecap, though.