Wednesday, May 20, 2009

"Actually, it's gravitational physics."

Sara finished my book trailer/fan vid! Click here to watch it.

Go ahead, I'll be waiting here.

Intense, right?



That's who she cast as Simon. Yum.

Hmm...methinks I should post another snippet of my book.

Here's the problem, though: I still haven't heard back from the novel contest yet, so my best writing is still off limits.

Argh! Nothing is good enough to post here!!!



Okay, I've calmed down and considered an alternative: favorite quotes. Now I'll share some of my favorite things characters in my book have said (some funny, some not so funny, and some are my personal inside jokes).



Simon (the boyfriend): "To know you wouldn't let me give in while I was simultaneously deceiving you...it was tough stuff."

"Actually, it's gravitational physics." (in response to "chocolate makes the world go round")

Alex (the best friend): "Seriously, guys. Gag reflex." (when she sees Simon and Piper kissing)

"This is taking forever. I just want to finish my animal crackers."

Piper (MC): "I can't have one of our members vomiting throughout a song! It's just not rock-and-roll!"

"This is important. I wouldn't pass out over something petty. Jeez."

Martin (the dad): "Just eat it! Eat it!" (a la Michael Jackson)



Ooh! I just found an excerpt to post, but now you'll have to wait until tomorrow. The anxiety!

7 comments:

sraasch said...

Glad you like the book trailer! Simon is pretty yummy, isn't he? Mmm.

Haha, I love the animal cracker quote! This is a great idea, actually, to post quotes instead of snippets. May I use it on my blog? Pretty please?

Mariah Irvin said...

Absolutely. Go ahead.

Sarah said...

Great quotes. I also love the animal cracker one!

Lee said...

Guess what? I just heard from another girl who says she won silver. I guess they called her ealier today. Fml :(

But I'm not sure on when everyone will be notified... They're making me angry!

-Lee

Mariah Irvin said...

Really? Why won't they tell us already? I just want to know!!!

Thanks for the update, though. I'm not the only one going crazy.

Soñador said...

I get the sneaking suspicion that this "Alex" character is solely comic relief...

Mariah Irvin said...

What can I say? It's coincidental...