Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Book Review

I'm back (like a heart attack)! Elon was great! It was raining during my entire visit, but the campus was still beautiful. The assistant dean even showed me around the school of communications, which added to the awesomeness which is my college experience.

In other news, I'm still making progress on my book but I keep getting distracted.

This was a pretty awesome distraction:



After finishing my AP European History class, this book was right up my alley. Sovay is a privileged British girl living during the French Revolution, but when her father gets accused of being a traitor her whole life gets flipped on its head.

I loved this book because finally, finally there's a strong female protagonist. She's feisty and adventurous, which surprises her male counterparts. She's beautiful and doesn't know it but not in an annoying "I'm so shy I don't realize my beauty" sort of way. She's too busy helping others to notice, which made me drawn to her character. It's also written in third person, which helps the reader see everybody's motives that drive the plot. Both action and romance were thoroughly developed, which made me happy! If you are a YA reader/writer, or are a historical fiction buff, I definitely recommend this book.

I give this book four exclamation points (!!!!) just because I didn't want it to end! That's on a scale of five, by the way.

2 comments:

sraasch said...

I've seen this book in almost every bookstore I go to. The cover is definitely eye-catching! I'll have to look into it!

Alicia said...

I am most definitely a fan of this exclamation point system. Please note that it will be incorporated into my daily life from here on out.