Wednesday, May 13, 2009

What If...

First off, let me start by saying that everyone should go to this post at Sara's blog and vote for my book so that I can win an awesome book trailer. Thanks bunches!

Okay, here's the actual post.

Has anyone seen "Stranger Than Fiction"?



Whoa, that's a big picture. Anyways, I watched it in my AP Literature class the other day (now that tests are over, woo woo!) and it got me thinking. I've already seen it before, but that was before I was writing a book. Watching this movie for the second time made me wonder what it would be like if my characters were real. It would be crazy!

Every word I typed in my manuscript would effect their lives. If I met them, what would I say? Ha, I would probably be completely starstruck like they were celebrities or something.

I imagine our conversation would go something like this:



Mariah: Oh my gosh! Seriously? You're real? I'm not crazy? Seriously?

Piper: Are those all meant to be rhetorical questions?

M: Uh, yeah, I think so. I can't believe you're actually here!

P: I do have to admit that this is a little weird. Especially because you keep wondering where Simon is.

M: You can read my mind!!! This is exciting! Did you say Simon was here?

P: *Rolls eyes* Authors.

2 comments:

Davin Malasarn said...

Congrats on finishing your tests! My own characters are a little too real as it is. :)

Alicia said...

This is my favorite movie!!!! I've always wished that it was based on a book, just because it would be really cool to read a book about someone writing a book, in which some of the characters are real.

I'd also like to see how the scenes at the beginning and in the middle with the little boy and the lady who ends up driving a bus would translate into a book...