Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Back on Track

That's right sports fans. The Not-So Meet Cute is back in my life! Feel free to get excited.

I actually did some writing last night for the first time in a long time. Impressive, I know.

Anyways, I thought I'd share some of my inspiration with everybody. While in Italy, I found what Simon looks like, and my reference just so happens to come from the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel.

Behold Daniel before and after restoration!



There's something about his expression I adore. Not to mention the beautiful hair! Michelangelo, you were a complete genius.

Next, my new inspiration for Piper, which comes from Botticelli's Birth of Venus.



Piper is Venus in all her red curly haired glory.

Oh, and here's one more, just to end my new book urge for a while:



August, love interest from new unnamed, unwritten, will not be written book. Raphael, you slay me.

3 comments:

awwaggener said...

Huzzah for a return of neglected manuscripts and for a return to writing!

Pen Pen said...

YAY! I'm glad ur "on the wagon"! That's what I call it when I'm "on track"-I think the reference to addiction just helps the saying :)

ANd- I LOVE that u use paintings for character inspiration! I do that too!
Did u take and of those pics?! I wish I could go back and sneak a pic of the Sistine Chapel--U could probably get away with it now since there's iphones! They took my crappy throw away camera away from me! Meanies! :)

Mariah Irvin said...

I wish I took these pictures! I probably could've gotten some in the Sistine Chapel but I didn't want to break the rules!