Thursday, July 16, 2009

Fierce Neckwear

I feel like showing off the beautiful cameo I bought in Italy. I'm determined to make it a family heirloom.



There's so many little details that it's practically impossible to get a perfect picture. The goddess is Diana (or Artemis in Greek), goddess of the hunt and moon. My favorite! Everyone else wanted Venus, goddess of love, but I wanted someone fierce! In fact, she's quite like Jane from my unwritten novel.

*Takes deep breath*

Piper and The Not-So Meet Cute need my attention right now. I've been writing more lately, which is progress. Maybe I'll post another excerpt tomorrow. What say you?

5 comments:

Sarah said...

I love the necklace. And yay for excerpts! I take it you survived shopping?

Mariah Irvin said...

Barely! *shivers*

sraasch said...

Ooo I like Diana/Artemis! Though my favorite goddess has always been Athena, another kick-butt female. Yay, strong females!

Mariah Irvin said...

I love Athena! Romans weren't too big on her though. Loved her in the Odyssey!

awwaggener said...

Beautiful necklace! Making it into a family heirloom is such a good idea.

And best of luck on writing!