Friday, July 31, 2009

Mad Lib Friday: Jane Austen Edition

So, obviously, Jane Austen is one of my favorite authors. I'm dedicating this "Mad Lib Friday" to her!

The funny part is that some of the words fit.

Kind of.



"1-800 Psychic"

Psychics are Dashwoods who are sensitive to the supernatural forces happening in this lady-like world. It is believed that psychics can predict such things as the name of the engagement you are going to marry or what your mom is horseback riding for dinner. If you want to talk to a dead Elizabeth Bennett or dearly departed Fanny, a psychic can arrange a seance. Everyone sits around a Mr. Darcy in a curly room as the psychic goes into an Edward Ferrars and contacts the spirit of your lusty relative. Psychics also use their abilities to help police catch piano fortes. Today you can watch psychics on obnoxious television and call in for information which will help you solve your crazy mothers.

Merry Friday!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

LOL. Have you read all six Jane Austen novels? Which one is your favorite?

Mariah Irvin said...

So far I've read Mansfield Park, Pride and Prejudice, and Sense and Sensibility. Pride and Prejudice is the best!

awwaggener said...

Haha I wish someone would come help me solve my crazy mother.

I'm convinced that Jane Austen is a goddess. I love that woman and her wit.

Pen Pen said...

:) I like it!

Confession time....I've read 'Pride and Prejudice' ten times and I can quote the movie...Keira Knightly version of course. I've made my dad watch it too...He's an Army Ranger who knows that Mr. Bingley and Jane belong together--He always jokes that he'd get ANY Pride and Prejudice question right on 'WHo Wants to be a Millionaire'! :)