Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Musical Inspiration

The Not-So Meet Cute has been inspired by music. For example, "Fidelity" by Regina Spektor, describes Piper, the MC, perfectly. Not only does it talk about getting caught up in the voices in her head, but it talks about how she was hesitant to love. The whimsical melody also reminds me of Piper's personality.




"Raindrop Prelude" by Chopin, portrays Veronica, the antagonist. She's not evil by choice, which is shown in the beginning of the piece. Later, as conflict arises, she is forced to choose a dark path. Violence grows in the music, but ends with sweet innocence because that is what she truly wants to be. I listen to this whenever Veronica is in a scene I'm writing because it is so her.



Does anybody else listen to music when they write? If so, what kind?

2 comments:

LENORENEVERMORE said...

nice...
Don't judge me, but I've been listening to Michael Jackson lately!
May he rest in peace...

xo*

Carrie Harris said...

I used to, but then I found myself singing more than actually writing, and that was... well, counterproductive. :)