Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Awesome Question & Answer Time!

Wow. I'm so happy Pen Pen tagged me to answer some questions, because I'm sooooo tired right now! Explanations of my long weekend in Ohio will come later this week, but here's a preview:

Eggplants. And no, I'm not talking about the purple vegetable.

Anyways, without further ado, here are my answers to her questions.

1) Do you have a "secret" author, genre, book, or magazine you read but rarely fess up to?(give an example)

Umm, I guess I would have to say that I read a lot of magazines. Celebrities fascinate me in a car-wreck kind of way: you want to look away but you can't.

2) What genre of movies is your favorite? What about movies you wouldn't normally fess up to liking?

I love romantic comedies and action flicks. You will never find me in line to see a horror movie. Old movies like Casablanca and An Affair to Remember are awesome. Usually people don't expect me to like Mel Brooks movies, but why shouldn't I? They're hilarious.

3) If you could have any job in the world, what would it be and why do you like it?

Well, I'm going to college to become a journalist because that's my realistic job goal. If I could get my books published someday, or be an artist, I totally would. I love finding different ways to express myself, and writing and painting are two different medias I love.

4) If you could change something abut your personality, what would it be?

Wow, these questions are getting hard!

I guess I should say that sometimes I'm not as forgiving as I should be. Forgiveness is a powerful thing to give somebody.

5. What character from any film matches your personality and traits most accurately? And why?

I've never seen a movie that made me think "That character was totally written for me", but I do have connections with Christina from Vicky Christina Barcelona.



I don't look anything like Scarlett Johansson, though. Anyways, her character wouldn't settle for anything less than what she thought would make her happy in life. I'm not a fan of her indecisiveness, but I can at least connect to her adventurous streak.


6. If you had to go on any reality TV show which one would you choose?

Hands down, I choose So You Think You Can Dance. I love dancing and truly regret that I stopped when my ballet teacher moved to Italy.



7. What is the worse outfit you have ever worn? Honestly, did you think you looked good at the time?

I wore a lot of matching outfits with my sister when we were younger; looking back at those pictures now is just plain embarrassing.

8. If you had to have one animal part attached to your body permanently (e.g. rabbit ears, a cat's tail, bird's wings) what would you choose?

Wings would be pretty cool. But I wonder how I would conceal them under my clothes...

2 comments:

Pen Pen said...

I'm excited to hear about your trip!!
I'm actually watching a Mel Brooks movie RIGHT NOW! Blazing Saddles! YAY!
I loved all ur answers-and I think it's amazing how I seem to have a lot "in common" with other writers. It's as if we all operate on the same crazy plane of openness and querky thoughts...
I;m cleaning today, and I realized I have like 7 BOXES of 'Us Weeklys'...I don't want to think about how much money they equate to. My mom said I should throw them all out, but I kinda feel like they're records of "pop culture history"-ya know?! :)

I wish I could be on 'SYTYCD' too! I want to be a Ballerina SO much!! It's not fair!
Ya know- I actually was going to do journalism for a while in college, and got an internship with NPR(It was amazing!)-U should see if ur local NPR Radio station has any interships and apply! I have a few journalism friends here in Houston, and they usually end up hiring interns that impress them! :)

Jessica said...

Hi Mariah,
I saw that you got tagged so I popped on over to read your answers. :-)
I loved your thoughts on forgiveness. So true. And like you, I will never, ever watch horror. *shudder*

Cute answers! I hope the eggplant story isn't too horrible. LOL