Monday, August 3, 2009

*Exhaustion*

Wow. This weekend has left me exhausted. Not because I've been particularly busy, but because I haven't gotten much rest.

My book likes to keep me up at night. Grr.

I watched Push last night, just to see if it's anything like my book, which, thankfully, it is not. Hooray!



After I watched it, I tried to take a shower, but I was thinking so hard about my book that I actually forgot to clean myself. Seriously.

Well, I guess I'm going to write now. Hopefully I'll get some sleep tonight.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Mariah, I also managed to not get any sleep last night but not for any highly writerly reasons. Mostly for the embarrassing reason that I drank ONE cup of coffee yesterday morning (I'm sure there was something else in that thing) and also, I had to go to the airport twice.
Anyway, I hope you *do* get some sleep today!

Mariah Irvin said...

Thanks Sarah! I'm trying desperately.

Lady Glamis said...

I love that feeling, though, of being so wrapped up in my book I can't do anything else! It's rewarding in the end because you're so emotionally involved, and it shows in the writing.

Hope you get some sleep soon!

Pen Pen said...

I love staying up late to write--tho it's hard when I have a job :)
It reminds me of 'Little Women'-how Jo would stay awake all night writing and come down all crabby in the morning with her hands covered in ink.

Pen Pen said...

-and I've wanted to see this ovie--I had not idea it was a book too! Do u recommend it?!

Mariah Irvin said...

I thought it was okay...the main character kind of ticked me off!