Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I'm Kreativ? Who Knew?




Apparently Sarah thinks I'm Kreativ. Kewl! Yes, all things must now be spelled with "k".

I must say I was surprised to read this on her blog because I've never received a blog award before! *passes out from shock*

Okay, before I get all blubbery, I'll post the rules:

1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award.

2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.

3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award.

4. Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting.

5. Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers.

6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.

7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs.



Seven things about me? That'll be a stretch!

What don't you guys already know about me?

Hmm...

1. I think I'll start with a physical description of myself, since I've never posted a picture of myself on my blog. I'm 5'6" and the tallest female in my family. My hair is brownish-blonde, and my eyes are green. If my book is ever published someday, I will dye my hair red in a celebratory fashion.

Okay, that was thoroughly boring. Let's see if I can make the next six more interesting.

2. In sixth grade, my friends would pretend I had an evil twin named Cariah. We ate lunch in my teacher's room every day, and that's when Cariah would emerge. You see, I was extremely quiet in class, but anybody that knows me outside of a learning environment knows that I never shut up.

3. I wrote my first two books in seventh grade. They were both from a male perspective, and afterward I thought "Why would I do that? I know nothing about boys!" The first one was untitled, but it was about a nerdy boy that was trying to win over the popular girl. Needless to say, it sucked. The next one, titled The Outdoor Adventure Club began with a group of boys in a clubhouse and ended in a faraway land named Narlon or something. It sounded waaaaaay too much like Lord of the Rings.

4. I ran a half-marathon when I was fifteen. Worst 13.1 miles ever.

5. My dad was in the military and he was sent to Germany for two years. I was in second grade at the time, but my mother, sister, and I visited him both summers. So, let's go over the tally of European countries: Germany (twice), Great Britain, France, Switzerland (twice), Austria, and Italy (from this summer).

6. I illustrated the cover of my school's yearbook in eighth grade. It was pretty sweet, if I may toot my own horn. Maybe I'll post it sometime!

7. One funny, random story (because I wouldn't be me if I didn't throw it in somewhere): A few months ago I was doing yard work and texting a friend on my cell phone simultaneously. I left the phone on top of my mom's car momentarily to get something from the garage, and when I came back the car was gone. I ran down the street and found my kamikaze phone damaged beyond repair, sad little Hello Kitty bell no longer jingling.



How's that? I hope I've satisfied everyone's need for knowledge. I'll probably think of things that are actually interesting later. Typical.

Anywho, onto the nominations:

Penny
Soñador
Sara Raasch
LitGirl01 (so that she might come out of hibernation)
Anna Waggener

Okay, I know that's only five (I took AP Calculus, folks), so I'm hoping that the Kreativ Police don't attack me. I'll update if that happens.

Thanks again Sarah!

3 comments:

sraasch said...

Congrats! And thanks for the nomination too! Aw, shucks :)

You should totally dye your hair red. Redheads have more fun. Trust me.

Pen Pen said...

AWWW!!! We must mutually admire each other!!! Long distance hugs!!
THank you lovely! I'll get this up ASAP!

Sarah said...

Wow, you're practically European. I'm so jealous of all the places you've been to!
And ooh at #6. Can we see it soon?