Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Paper Towns

Since I've vowed not to talk about my book today, I'll talk about the book I've been reading: Paper Towns by John Green.




Okay, so I might be a little bit late on the whole "John Green is awesome" thing. But he really is friggin' amazing. I can't wait to read Looking for Alaska.

What won me over immediately was that this book was written in a guy's perspective. THANK YOU, YA GODS! I was so tired of reading I'm-a-complete-flake-you-are-sparkly-so-I-love-you-even-though-there's-someone-better-for-me books.

Also, I must say that Margo Roth Spiegelman is probably one of the best names ever.

Quentin Jacobsen, the MC, is shy and boring, but Margo Roth Spiegelman, the girl he's secretly loved forever, makes him a more exciting person when she sneaks into his room in the middle of the night to go on an all-night long mission of revenge and thrills. When she mysteriously disappears, Quentin finds clues that might lead to her whereabouts and, with his gang of raunchy friends, he begins to search for the girl he loves.

All I can say is bravo, John Green. Bravo.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I have to admit that I didn't love Paper Towns as much as I loved Looking For Alaska. Margo felt a bit self-absorbed and attention-seeking to me. However, the beauty of John Green's writing is that it didn't even matter. I couldn't put the book down and once I was done, I couldn't stop thinking about it.
Glad you liked it!

Pen Pen said...

AHAHAHAHA! Sparkly?! ...'Twilight'?! I HATE Bella! I need to check out a good man's perspective too! I think it's almost easier for women to understand male AND female narrators than it is for guys to get both :)