Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Why is Everything Funnier When You're Half Asleep?

As promised, here are some snippets of sleep deprived conversation from my trip to Ohio last week.

Be warned, we were all very tired. Very.

Okay, so I'm sitting in a Bob Evans early in the morning with some family friends my father, sister, and I had driven down to see. We were desperate for our breakfast, and as we waited for the waiter, we somehow began to discuss where eggs come from.

You see, when a chickpea is planted in the ground, an egg plant grows.



That's right, an egg plant, not an eggplant (the purple vegetable). I don't have any photo references for this (vegetable?/fruit?) thing, but it is a kind of blossom, from what I'm told. When driving out in the country, one might see long, stretching plains of white blossoms on one side of the road, and brown blossoms on the other, which explains why there are white and brown eggs, naturally.

My favorite part of this plant is that when the wind blows through it, it makes a clucking noise, one very similar to that of a chicken. Poultry often become confused when they're near one of these egg farms; usually a Are You My Mother? situation ensues.



This should serve as a reminder to get some sleep tonight.



There was also a discussion of corn cookies, but I won't go into that right now. For your sake, of course.

No comments: