Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Almost There...

So.

My book isn't finished yet.

Poo.

My goal was August 28th. 50,000 words. Not there yet, unfortunately. Tantalizingly close, of course.

I'm disappointed, but at the same time am proud of myself. I know that if I hadn't set a goal, I would'nt have even made it this far. I was around 30,000 words before, so I actually got a lot accomplished. Other people can write a book a month; this has taken me almost two years. It's been a labor of love.

I'll finish soon. I have plenty of time ahead of me.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

You should be proud of yourself! I write fairly quickly (when my muse isn't actively trying to stab me in the heart or running away from me or whatever) and am always impressed by people who write faster.
The people I'm in awe of, though, are the ones that stick with a project, even when it's hard, and see it through to the end. Those people are superstars! *Persevering* superstars.
We will have a superstar party when you're done...I mean, I'll watch from the window. Me and my fickle muse.

sraasch said...

But dude, you're writing a BOOK. And you didn't stop. And you're good at it. That in and of itself is way, way celebration-worthy.

Mariah Irvin said...

Thanks guys, you're the best!