Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Rejoice!

I'm not gonna lie, I had a pretty good day today.

It started out less than perfect though. My Global Experience class had a heavy discussion in a dark room that left me feeling icky afterward.

But then I walked outside and the weather was absolutely glorious!

The heavy oppressive feeling that had been sitting on my shoulders lifted and I breathed easy.

Walking leisurely down a brick path, I saw a butterfly (actually, I almost stepped on it).



Naturally, I apologized to the butterfly, and we parted on good terms.

Then, I found a newspaper and read it all the way back to my dorm (which is a mile away) without tripping or running into anyone! Skills.

To top it all off, I had the best chocolate pudding for dinner. Best stuff on earth, I tell you.

How should I finish this amazing day? I think I'll use my spare time to do some writing...because I am on a roll, after all.

9 comments:

Lady Glamis said...

That's a beautiful Monarch, although Monarchs aren't purple. It's still a lovely photo. I make my Monarchs red for my design of my book, so to each his own!

So glad you're having a great day! Keep it up!

Mariah Irvin said...

I actually saw a blue butterfly, but I really liked this picture!

Lady Glamis said...

It's really nice. I wish I could get some good pictures of Monarchs, but I can't find any around here. :(

Lady Glamis said...

Oh, and that's a female Monarch, so the purple is very fitting. :)

Mariah Irvin said...

You're resident butterfly expert! I shall consult you with all my butterfly-related issues from now on!

:] said...

Chocolate pudding is indeed the dinner of champions!

Sarah said...

Awesome! Glad you had such a great day :))

Lady Glamis said...

Well, I know a lot about Monarchs... not sure about all butterflies. :)

Pen Pen said...

come get me! I want to go back to my bachelor's degree! I miss it! It's like summer camp with mosquitos-and u do whatever u dream of each day!

NOW-U gotta tell me what the class discussion was and WHY it made u feel icky! It's gonna drive me crazy!
AND- YAY for buterflies! My mom worked at a museum here in the butterfly rainforest enclosure and raised many species-She still does it now-There are 3 butterflies pupating in a little holder in our laundry room right now! I like to set them free-It's like being a butterfly mama! :)