Friday, September 18, 2009

Return of the Ninja

Guess who I found in my box of sweaters today?



There he was, blending in with his surroundings. I was impressed, so I asked him where he learned his blend-y skills.

Ninja: Well, I did work as a barista at Starbucks for a while.

Me: No, I mean how do you camouflage yourself so well?

N: I'm a ninja. It runs through my veins...er...stuffing.

M: You're extremely talented. I didn't even expect you to hitch a ride with me to college.

N: You should always be on your toes, Mariah.

M: Why? Is that a ninja thing?

N: No... *rolls eyes, I mean, buttons* Just expect the unexpected. You never know when I might be


in your freezer,


in your shoe,


or next to Humphrey Bogart.


M: Wow, you're right. Hey, what's your name?

And then he vanished.

Crazy ninjas.