Friday, October 2, 2009

As Promised...

I'm going to post a short excerpt from The Not-So Meet Cute today, but first, some good news.

Sara Raasch has an agent! Woot woot!

Seriously, is it just me, or is something in the water? Congrats, Sara!

And now onto the blog post of the day.

Are you ready?

I can't hear you!

I think I promised Penny that I would post the first kiss scene.

So here it is. I have a sneaking suspicion that it is corny, especially since it's barely been edited, but the show must go on!

I highly recommend listening to this song while reading.



And remember, Piper (MC) can hear thoughts, so everything in italics is what she can hear in Simon's mind. Also, it's written from Piper's perspective.

Oh, and please don't take my work. That would make me very sad. You don't want that, do you?

That's what I thought.



The next few days I spent with Simon were unlike any days I had ever known. I would’ve never expected myself to fall so hard for anyone, but Simon continually proved himself worthy of the position.
One morning stands out in my memory from all the rest.

I pulled into the school parking lot and, like usual, I walked into the grey morning to Simon’s side, eagerly greeting him. “Hello. Ready for a new day?”

“Not exactly,” he closed the space between us. “There’s something I need to take care of first.”

Before I could ask him any questions, or hear his intentions, Simon swiftly pulled my body towards his. Our lips met urgently, but Simon’s gently caressed mine out of their initial shock. His arms continued to wrap around me, and my hands tenderly wove through his auburn hair in the misty fog.

I never expected that a first kiss could create such a fever within my own soul. The kiss spanned to the depths of eternity, dropping us on the edges of infinity. My heart ached out of fear that no other experience could ever come close to the rapturous, amorous kiss I shared with Simon in the school parking lot. It could’ve been in the murky depths of despair and I wouldn’t have cared; the moment was ours and we basked in its perpetual sunshine.

Haltingly, regretfully, the kiss ended, but I still remained close to Simon’s warm chest.

“Wow,” I murmured, then blushed that I had nothing better to say. Then: “You’ve been training your thoughts, haven’t you?”

“I wanted that to seem spontaneous,” his blue eyes smiled down on me. Affectionately, he pushed a lock of my hair behind my ear, never faltering in his gaze.

“Good job then,” I still had trouble with eloquence. Then, since we were still in proximity, I reached my lips up to his again for a brief kiss.

Unlike the last kiss, this time I listened to Simon’s thoughts. “So sweet and soft…” was his general opinion of my lips.

Once we had parted again, reality jolted us out of our fantasy.

8 comments:

sraasch said...

Aw!! Oh my, that's adorable! Piper and Simon are so darn cute together. And that song is brilliant!

Thanks for the linky love too :)

Mariah Irvin said...

You deserve it!

Sarah said...

Um, omigosh, so excited! This is so sweet!!

Lisa and Laura said...

Hoorah for agents and WIPets!

Soñador said...

Awwwwwwww. That was so precious. Definitely more cute than corny. And beautifully written. I am jealous, my friend, I must admit.

p.s.-Click me.

Pen Pen said...

I'm SO excited excited excited!!!
Dinner is ready, but I'll be back to read this today! :)
YAY!! :)

Pen Pen said...

I'm so emotional today!! I feel like crying with the Coldplay on top of the first kiss!!(Coldplay is my FAVORITE band!).
Ur writing was perfect!AND- he reminds me of my boyfriend-both are blue eyed and sweet! :)
I'm intrigued to find out WHY Piper can read minds! :)
Is it gonna be a YA novel!? or a general audience?

Thank you so much for putting it up for me to read!! I feel the same hesitation as you with posting ANY of it on my blog-There's always a fear that somebody will rip you off. I've been ripped off before-not online, but in a writing class-this girl stole my story!
I didn't say anything at the time tho-but if I ever get on like-the Today show or something, I'm gonna call her out!! :)
I'm actually starting to do a "book trailer"-u have one of those?! But- I just don't know if I could post that before any sort of publication since it would kinda give away the books premise...I've seen other writers show their on-line tho...like Lady Glamis at 'The Innocent Flower'. I'd be interested to hear if there's any protection for our writing if we put things up...

It's cool to have Piper and Simon drawn over there! That adds a whole new mental picture!

I'd love to read more if u ever want a beta reader(but I don't do grammar-I'm horribly bad at it!)!!
I wouldn't steal even a word from a friend-or even from someone who I hated! I think any writer who does that is cursed!!!

Mariah Irvin said...

Penny you are so sweet!

My book trailer is on the side bar under "The Not-So Meet Cute".

I'd love to have you beta, but I just need a little bit more time to edit. Sound good to you?