Monday, October 26, 2009

I'm Not NaNoing Yet, I Swear

I only have less than a week until NaNoWriMo!

There is so much work to be done! Research to conduct! Plot to outline! Characters to develop!

If you have not noticed, I am a little stressed. I did, however, get some research done: I watched The Magnificent Seven this weekend (after watching The Two Towers, of course, and all because of my last post).


Yes, I feel that I am somewhat more prepared to write my western. But we shall see how things go once the writing actually starts. I need to research Native Americans as well... *sigh*

Has anybody else been nervously getting things together?

Now, if you will excuse me, I believe it is time to watch The Return of the King.

I can write elves into my western, right?

Right?

I suppose I shall have to stick with men and their glorious scruff. Looking good, Viggo.

7 comments:

Hayley said...

I'm so tempted to start NaNoing too, its so hard to resist, but I"m getting reacquainted with my characters and so we'll see how it goes. I'm sure you could write elves into your western but then it would become western fantasy. Or you could always make someone resemble and elf in an uncanny way, just never coming right out and saying it.

sraasch said...

Oh, NaNo, you fickle thing, you. Just have to be right before finals week, don't ya?

Davin Malasarn said...

I'm also working hard on my outline in preparation for November! It's the first time I've tried to outline before writing a first draft of a story, so it's an interesting experiment for me.

Sarah said...

I'm so behind on everything that I'm starting to think attempting NaNo is a little too ambitious for me. Not only have I STILL not officially chosen which idea to work on, November is supposed to be my Catch Up on Life month.

PS: Good for you for getting all that research done this weekend! And you can totally have elves in westerns.

Jade said...

Fo sho. Elves in a western would rock! You could invent a new genre.

Lisa and Laura said...

Happy NaNo-ing. Can't believe it's almost November!

Mariah Irvin said...

Hayley: Hmm, that could work :)

sraasch: I agree that NaNo comes at the most inconvient time!

Davin: I've never outlined either. Huzzah for experimentation!

Sarah: If I can do it, you can do it! You are editing like crazy for your AGENT though, so I guess you have better excuses than me.

Jade: I haven't even seen a YA western before, so maybe that's a new genre within itself!

LiLa: Don't remind me.