Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Poems of Pudding

Chocolate pudding.

It's amazing. It's dasaloff.

I decided to write a sonnet to chocolate pudding to proclaim my love, but, alas, there was no time. Instead, I wrote a short poem. It's definitely silly.



The Chocolate Pudding Thief

Please don't give me beef,
I will resort to the life of a thief
just to eat my chocolate pudding for dinner.

Yes, I could buy it at the store,
but in someone else's kitchen I would like to score
food for a winner.

If I can only find vanilla there will be disappointment;
it tastes worse than a tube of ointment.
I don't need get thinner.

Chocolate pudding is on the menu tonight,
and no matter how hard you try, try as you might,
stealing pudding will not make me feel like a sinner.



I never said I was a poet.

Today Khaled Hosseini (author of The Kite Runner and A Thousand Splendid Suns) is coming to speak at my school, so I'm sure tomorrow my post will be more intellectual.

One can only hope.

4 comments:

sraasch said...

HA!

I <3 Chocolate pudding

Lisa and Laura said...

Can't wait to hear about Khaled Hosseini!

Sarah said...

LOL. I'm not a fan of chocolate pudding (blasphemy, I know) but I am fan of the poetry.

I look forward to hearing all about Khaled Hosseini's visit!

Hayley said...

Ah choclate, the reason why concentrating is so hard my mind just wanders... oh back the the poem, back to the poem, great ode love it. But now I want some chocolate.