Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies

During my fall break (neiner neiner) I finished reading Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.

It was amazing.

I thought that I might not enjoy it because I love the original sooooo much and I'm not particularly fond of zombies licking brains and whatnot. There were ninjas, though. That made me very happy (Darcy ninja? Yes please).



Here are a couple of the hilarious illustrations:





Elizabeth and her sisters slaying "the stricken" after Mr. Darcy is first introduced.


Elizabeth and Darcy bonding as they behead zombies together for the first time.


I'm glad this spinoff was written; I've actually heard several guys say they have read it and enjoyed it. That makes me say "Yay!" because I'm glad to share the experience with them, and because they finally realize how awesome Jane Austen is.


Anyways, the writing itself is dead-on with the original book, but Seth Grahame-Smith cleverly tied zombies into his version. I'm usually squeamish, but the way in which the zombies were written made them humorous rather than disgusting. Plus, if I ever felt squeamish, I could think of Mr. Darcy:



I strongly suggest this to anybody that's a hardcore P&P fan like myself.

Oh, and before I forget, I believe this was requested yesterday.





2 comments:

sraasch said...

Wow -- is it possible that the Orleathamesohnny mash up is TOO attractive? He hurts my eyes.

Are you going to read Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters? I love the trailer for it.

Sarah said...

That morphling (is that what they're called?) is a heartbreaker. I mean, he broke mine...

Glad you liked Pride and Prejudice and Zombies! I think I'm too much of a wimp to read it.