Friday, October 9, 2009

That's My Face

Friday.

Thank goodness. I can't wait to sleep in tomorrow!

Yesterday there was a random used book sale in front of a main building in class, so I spent about forty-five minutes there and bought fourteen books- all for eight dollars!

Mariah is very happy.

The only part that made Mariah unhappy was carrying a box full of books more than a mile back to her dorm.

That part was not so happy, especially because yesterday was the only hot day of the week.

Okay, I'm changing topics now. Please don't get whiplash.

I've been thinking about using a legit picture of myself for my profile for the day (in the distant future) that I begin to send out queries.

Hey, I'm allowed to plan ahead!

I know everybody will miss the anthropomorphic cupcake, though.



I even considered this cartoon of myself for awhile, because I'm totally kicking butts IN HEELS.



After much deliberation, I chose to use this simple head shot:


I have some nice photos from Italy, but this is what I'll use for now.

Whaddya think?



Edit: Oh yeah, I changed the layout, too, because the new border was slowing down my computer!

8 comments:

Lisa and Laura said...

Love the pic! It's so good to finally put a face with your blog!

sraasch said...

I do miss that adorable cupcake, but I second L&L -- it's nice to put a face with your blog!

Hayley said...

Love the pic! Good to finally put a face with a name :)

Lady Glamis said...

I love the layout and the pic! You're so adorable! GREAT choice!

Pen Pen said...

Ur better than cupcakes! -and that means a lot coming from me! :)
1) I know ur in college, but can't remember if ur a Freshman-HOW old r u?! Cuz u look so young-fresh-and cute-not scarred totally by the world just yet!!
I'm old-25(I'll be TWENTY SIX in one week!!!) Honestly- Imagine ur life at 26--It's CRAZY to think u could be that old, right?! It's crazy to me. I've failed to accomplish so many of the things I had in my visualization of myself at 26!!
-and now I gotta be a little bit of a big sis and not corrupt you like I would if u were 21!! PRESSURE! :)
Well--No-I'll probably just keep being the same with u since I've already put u in my friend stack!

Mariah Irvin said...

Thanks you guys! My day is happy now!

Penny: I'm eighteen.

Lady Glamis said...

Oh, heavens, Penny! I'm 29... 30 in March. How insane is that!? I feel old. :(

Suzanne said...

You are lovely!

And ummmm Glam? I'll be 39 in December. No weeping yet doll.