Saturday, November 14, 2009

Amazing Update!

This post isn't about my NaNo word count or the amount of chocolate I've consumed.

It's about the amazingly beautiful drawing the wonderfully talented Natalie Whipple made for me!





This is so beautiful I could cry. Natalie captured Jane and August better than I could have ever expected. I'm even more motivated to finish this novel, as well as think of a title.

I've officially decided (as of right now) to hold a novel-titling contest in December once NaNo is over and I've gotten some sleep. I'll probably also post some excerpts before then, so ya'll can git yer creative juices a flowin'.

Thanks again, Natalie! This makes me unbelievably happy!

7 comments:

Mary said...

It is a great drawing. I love the girls hair. Congrats on winning it.

Sarah said...

That drawing is stunning! So cool! :)

Lisa and Laura said...

Love the picture! And can't wait for the title contest, even though we really suck at titles.

sraasch said...

LOVE that picture. Makes me want to read your book even more! Can't wait for the excerpts!

Hayley said...

Its an AMAZING picture, you can see the connection between the characters, I can't wait to read excerpts! And titles, I'm not so hot at titles but I can't wait to try!

inthewritemind said...

Oooh, sounds interesting!

BTW, I found you through Sara and Natalie's blogs. When she posted that picture and said it was a YA western, I was definitely intrigued.

Looking forward to the title contest--titles are normally the bane of my writing existence so I know how difficult it is to come up with one.

Myrna Foster said...

Your novel sounds great. I love the names.