Sunday, November 1, 2009

Day 1

Of NaNoWriMo, that is.

For the month of November, I won't be posting on my regular weekday schedule. Instead, I will post sporadic updates of my word count, chocolate consumed, road blocks hit, etc.

I'll still try to have my Resident Expert Fridays, though.

Anyways, it is my great pleasure to introduce you to Jane Hawkes, the MC of my NaNo novel! I simply adore her name, especially because there is a certain boy named August Phoenix.

Feel free to swoon.

These guys have been in my head for months, so I'm super excited to finally put them on paper!

Remember this enthusiasm, guys. I doubt it will last for long.

Word count at the moment: 550. Don't worry, I'll make my goal tonight.
Chocolate consumed: none so far. I'll make this my goal tonight.

Happy NaNoing everyone!

8 comments:

Sarah said...

Go you! The "no chocolate so far" is the part that stumps me. You have AN EXCUSE to eat as much chocolate as you want! Do it!

Oh...I'm a bad influence.

Happy Nanoing!

Pen Pen said...

I'm doing NaNo too! I'm at 1,000 right now-trying to do 1,700 each day!
Ninja Focus--ENGAGE! :)

Hayley said...

Yeah I wish I could say the same, word count zero chocolate consumed, two doughnnuts, two peppermint patties, one half of a dark chocolate bar, yeah. My writers block chose November to return. Fun.

But Jane and August, they sound abolutley awesome. Great names. Good luck nanoing! :)

Jade said...

Loving the names. What's it about?
I feel the same about the enthusiasm...how long until it dies.

Mariah Irvin said...

Sarah: I said so far, and that it would be corrected after the post was written. I'm going to use the NaNo excuse as much as I can!

Penny: Good luck!

*insert cheerleading peppiness here*

Hayley: Peppermint patties are my best friends. I have a box of the biggest size made waiting for me :)

Jade: It's a YA western about a girl (Jane) and the bad choices she has to make to get to the good ones.

I'm really really hoping the enthusiam doesn't die anytime soon.

Lisa and Laura said...

Good luck with NaNo!!!

sraasch said...

Yay, 550 words! Go you!

awwaggener said...

Yay for NaNo!

I'm so screwed!