Monday, November 16, 2009

Day 16

Why am I equal parts scared and fascinated by this video/song?



Anyways, I thought I'd share a Wordle for the first 15,000 words of my book:

Wordle: Untitled


Guess who the main character is.*

Now to the meat of my post.

November.

It's killing me.

My professors have decided that it's the month to stack paper after paper on top of my to do list. Sorry my blogging schedule has been erratic; it should return to normal next month, when I'll have my 200th post!

November is not an ideal time to write a book. I'm currently 10,000 words behind my target word count for NaNoWriMo. Hopefully, I can make this up over Thanksgiving. If not, I plan on finishing during December.

Speaking of December...

I've been planning my title contest and it's gonna be awesome. There will be a cool prize (well, cool in my opinion)!

Get here faster, December! Pretty please?

Ugh, this post was extremely random and all over the place. I guess that's what happens when I have blog withdraw.

Hope everyone had a good weekend!



Word Count: 16,367
Chocolate Consumption: I'd rather not say.



*No prizes will be awarded.

9 comments:

Shannon Messenger said...

LOL. I love the word cloud. And I'm guessing your main character is...Jane? I have to disagree about wanting December to get here faster though. Running out of time for revisions. Ninjadillo is haunting me. Never gonna make it. *Runs away screaming*

inthewritemind said...

Lady Gaga frightens me...for real.

I did one of those Wordle things for my WiP too--it was lots of fun. I'll probably do one at 50K and whenever my first draft is complete (probably around 80K).

Even if you are a little behind, you still have a good chunk written. I wanted to be in the mid 30s by now, but I'm just about to break 30 today. Second week is always the hardest for me.

Keep on writing!

sraasch said...

That video was, um, scarring. To say the least.

Yay for title contests!! Can't wait to try my hand at it, even though I'm relatively awful at coming up with titles for my own books...

Sarah said...

Can't wait for the title contest!

I'm never really sure what to make of Lady Gaga. She sure is...er, unique.

Good luck with school and NaNo!

Oh, and I know what the main character's name is: August Slate. Obviously. The Jane is just in there to throw us off. (I know what you're thinking: "That girl must be psychic." ;)

Mariah Irvin said...

Shannon: November has been really stressful. December means I get a break!

inthewritemind: Same to you! Let's pump these books out!

sraasch: Really? I kinda like it XP

(that's me dying)

Sarah: August Slate? *shiver*

I would hate August if he was a Slate.

Don't worry, you'll understand soon!

Lisa and Laura said...

Did you ever see Lady Gaga perform on SNL? She did a slow version of Poker Face that was all kinds of awesome.

As for December I keep looking forward to it thinking, oh yay we'll be done with revisions on the WIP and our agent will be reading it. I have visions of myself drinking wine and reading books and then I remember. Editor letter. Crap. Our very first editor letter is coming sometime in December and the very thought makes me want to weep.

Hayley said...

Wow, I hope you make it through November, and December, I'm looking forwards to it to. Hope you make it through in one piece.

Mariah Irvin said...

LiLa: Um, hello? You're going to be PUBLISHED. PUBLISHED (I said it again for empahsis). Be happy!

Hayley: I'm crossing my fingers that I do.

JEM said...

Hi Mariah! Found you via Lisa and Laura Write, you've got a great blog! Thanks for the vid post, I love the GaGa. Also weirded out by video, but it feels so good...