Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Day 18

Here are some random writing tidbits of the last few days:

1) This song fits in with what I'm writing right now.



2) Jane and August are in a fight. This makes me sad.

3) The bad guy, Isaac Strickland, is so marvelously bad. I love it.

Yes, I know that this sounds strange. I shall explain.

Strickland is originally introduced as the charming guy that Jane might have to marry. He's easy on the eyes, and Jane's looking for an escape, so she lets herself be smitten. Later, August reveals some information that stains the way she sees him, but the reader still doesn't know what to think about him. Then comes the scenes where he is revealed for the dastardly evil guy he is. Snippet:

"Strickland was left sitting alone in the dark corner of his house, using the dark corners of his mind to plot the end for a certain saloon girl."

Evil. Wonderfully evil.

4) I'm going home for Thanksgiving! This means I should be able to pump out some wordage.
I will say this: next time I post, I will be on schedule. I probably won't post (besides Fridays) until after Thanksgiving. This challenge is being posted online so if I don't meet my goal, I will have to eat my words. I don't like eating my words.

5) I have no clue why this post suddenly became double spaced.

6) Who should I write about on Friday? I feel like I've become experts on people I'm interested in, so I'd like to know what you guys want to read about. It can be people/things/places... whatever you want. Suggestions please!

Word Count: 22,303 (almost halfway!)
Chocolate consumption: Hot chocolate, I love the way you feel in my belly.




5 comments:

JenE said...

Hey Mariah! I just hit 20,000 last night, but I don't see any way I can catch up at this point. (But don't think that doesn't mean I won't try!) Good luck!

Sarah said...

Whoohoo! You're at 20k!

I want to say you should do a post on Johnny (or one picture! One!) to celebrate this monumental occasion in his life/career.

Other suggestions: Ryan Gosling. Joseph Gordon-Levitt. Hmmmm. If I think of anyone else, I will be back!

Sarah said...

Ooh! I'm back. Do you know who else you can post on? Christian Bale. Not ranting Christian, but "Good Behavior/Abs" Christian Bale....You're welcome. ;)

Shannon Messenger said...

If you want your own personal armadillo to attack you I have (sadly) quite a few spare pics that haven't been used. Email me if you want me to send you one. packratx (at) hotmail (dot) com.

inthewritemind said...

Yum! I love hot chocolate--and those pictures aren't half bad either :)