Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Day 3

First I'd like to congratulate Lisa and Laura for selling their book The Haunting of Pemberly Brown. They're as dasaloff as it gets, so make sure to go congratulate them.

Cyber hugs!

This inspires me to write harder! NaNo only comes once a year!

There's some other good news as well. Well, I think it's good news, at least. My health book just told me (yes, I'm the Book Whisperer, tell all your friends) that carbohydrates are the only source of energy for brain cells.

That's scientific proof that eating junk food will improve my writing!

*Happy Dance*

In other, less happy NaNo news, I had to kill a character in chapter two. I didn't see it coming. He just ran into the middle of the scene and got himself killed.

Stupid characters.

Word count at time of post: 3,787
Chocolate consumed: scads

I hope everyone's doing well in their writing and other life events... see you in a few days!

12 comments:

sraasch said...

Someone died already? Sheesh. Though I guess if you've got guns everywhere like in a Western, death is a common occurrence.

Anita Saxena said...

Yes, it's true. The only source of fuel for the brain is glucose.

Brigitte said...

If you pull a Rowling, I won't forgive you ; ;

Mariah Irvin said...

sraasch: There was a bit of a skirmish in chapter two. I'm hoping I don't have to kill too many people off!

Anita: I'm excited because now I have an excuse to call junk food "brain food".

Brigitte: Don't worry, that's not going to happen!

Hayley said...

Chocolate actually sitimulates creativity. It's true! And its good for your heart another reason why you should eat it! Good to know that carbs are the source of brain engery now I have an excuse to eat more carbs! Yes! And thank you for helping me the other day, it helped me so much!

Lisa and Laura said...

Thanks for the shout out! And way to go! Sounds like you're kicking some NaNo booty!

Mariah Irvin said...

Hayley: I'm glad you found my advice helpful! It's terrible when I shout out useless information.

LiLa: Congrats again! I'm uber-excited for you both!

Seriously, it's like this much:

[ ]

Mariah Irvin said...

Grr. It totally showed up bigger than that in the box. Oh well, hopefully you get the point.

Sarah said...

Haha. LOLed at the character that got himself killed. Why do they always do that?? And he'll probably try and blame you too.

Keep up on the NaNo awesomeness! Oh, and carbs are brain food? I've been saying that for years! Glad to hear science has finally caught on. ;)

Natalie Murphy said...

Good job with the word count so far!

Carrie Harris said...

Almost 4000 words! WOOT! Sending you cyber chocolate, which is entirely useless, but it's the thought that counts.

Natalie Murphy said...

Hey, I gave you an award on my blog =]