Friday, December 11, 2009

200th Post and Contest Winner!

It's my 200th post! Huzzah!

Wow. I feel so accomplished right now. Is it weird to feel accomplished because you babble about yourself on a daily basis on the internet? I don't think so.

James even showed up for the event wearing a cravat (because he knows how I dig cravats).



Now if I could only put him in a cowboy hat, he would be ICAW ready!



No, James! Come back! I love you without cowboy hats!

Well, I guess while we wait for him to come back I'll announce the contest results.

*sniff*

I'd like to send a big thank you to everybody who entered my NaNoWriMo/200th post/holiday/almost one year blogaversary title contest! Some of you were really, really persistent!

Ooh, the anticipation. It's killing you, I know.

Here it comes.

The runner-up is...

wait for it...

waiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit for it...

...

Southern Princess with the title Battle Cries of the Broken.

Dude. I loved this! She took the title from the lyrics of one of my favorite songs! She wins a photo album and a poem about her awesomeness (which will be completely dasaloff).

Now, the moment you've all been waiting for. At least, I hope you've been waiting for it. I hope you've been pining for it all week.

The winning title is Jane's Air, which was submitted by Sara Raasch! Yay Sara!

This title was clever with a capital EV. Plus, it sounds way better than Jane's Hair or Jane's Pear.

Sara can look forward to a song in vlog form about her awesomeness, as well as a book of her choice and a photo album! I can't wait to start on the vlog.

Both ladies can contact me at natalia dot 165 at gmail dot com for more specifics. Congrats again and thanks to everybody who entered the contest!


"I came back without my shirt on. How many cowboys do that? Huh?"

14 comments:

inthewritemind said...

Yay! Congrats to the winners! And even better--you have a working title now :)

JenE said...

Congrats to the winners! I love both of the titles. I don't think I could have chosen between them.

Southern Princess said...

Yay!! I am so excited & honored to have one of mine chosen. I had so much fun participating!

Thank you so much! I will email you today. ;o)

Congrats to Sara! ;o)

Southern Princess said...

btw forgot to say: WOWZER! James without shirt is forgiven... for anything ;o)

sraasch said...

Oh my gosh, I won! Yay! I'm so glad you liked that title; I really liked it :)

Happy 200th post! Wheee!!

Jade said...

Happy 200th post!

I suck at titles otherwise I would of entered. Can't wait until the singing starts.

Hayley said...

Congrats on 200 posts!!!!!!!

So exciting, and James *swoon* you really should get him in a cowboy hat. But the titles were great, Jane's Air is so awesome!

So before I forget; Congrats, again, on 200 posts!!!!!!!

Sarah said...

Woohoo! Congrats to Southern Princess and Sara! And congrats to you for 2-0-0 posts!

Kiersten White said...

You are a girl after my own heart, you are. Congrats on 200!!

Natalie Whipple said...

Happy 200! Glad you found a title and thanks you for James in Cravat. Mmm.

Mariah Irvin said...

Thanks for stopping by, everybody! You guys are the reason I blog!

Daisy Whitney said...

Oh my, I do SO love that picture. Thanks for sharing it!!

Melissa said...

Congratulations to the winners. Both titles rock!

Lisa and Laura said...

LOVE Battle Cries of the Broken!