To introduce my contest, I made my first vlog ever! Do not mock.
I promise I'll look at the camera more next time.
Squee! It's a contest!
Like I said, today marks the beginning of International Cowboy Appreciation Week (ICAW). This Friday will be my 200th post, so I thought it would be awesome to have a contest for my recently finished NaNoWriMo novel.
Here be the rules:
1) Be a follower. When I'm a famous published author someday and I'm asked how I came up with the title of my book, I don't want to have to say "Oh, a random person on the internet gave me the idea." That's not cool. Also, if you mention it on your blog, you will definitely get brownie points.
2) Leave your title ideas in the comment section of THIS post. Please.
That comment should include your title (or titles, multiple entries allowed) and the title of the book you want to win should your title be chosen (hold on, I'm getting to the title thing in a second).
3) All submissions must be turned in by midnight on Thursday, November 10th, Eastern time. I will announce the winner and the runner-up on Friday, DECEMBER 11th. To make sure the contest is fair, I will have some friends of mine give me their opinions of the titles as well.*
The first place winner will win three separate items:
1) A book from my TBR list:
Lips Touch by Laini Taylor
As You Wish by Jackson Pearce
Going Bovine by Libba Bray
Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick
Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
If you've read or have all of these books, you can also pick one from my Shelfari side bar. There are more classics in that pile if you're not a fan of YA.
2) I'm making photo books with the pictures I took in Italy this summer. As the first place winner, you will not only receive one, but you can also pick some of the pictures that you want to go in the book. You can look at my Flikr page as a reference.
3) I will write and sing a song of your awesomeness on a vlog.
The runner up will win:
1) The aforementioned photo book.
2) A poem about their awesomeness.
I better get more than two entries in this contest, guys. Don't disappoint me!
To make this post even more epically long, I'm going to post the synopsis of my novel so you can begin thinking of titles.
When Jane Hawkes, seventeen, runs away from her morally corrupt and abusive family, she ends up running towards the dangers and deadly secrets the west holds. Set in the wild west, this YA fiction features gun fights, Native Americans, wild horses, saloons, a doctor's apprentice, romance, and a girl trying to live her life on her own terms.
That's probably the shortest description I've ever given. What a good time to practice your brevity, Mariah *rolls eyes*
Also, here's a previously posted excerpt.
There shall be excerpts and other such things throughout the rest of the week, so stay tuned!
Let the titling commence!
*Even though a title will win, I will not necessarily end up using it. Just thought you should know.
Gratitude and Rest
1 day ago