Friday, January 22, 2010

Resident Expert: There's Someone You Should Meet...

Yay! My new assistant is coming into work today!

But who is it, you wonder?

You guys voted...

...and there was a tie!

So it was between Mr. Darcy...



...and James McAvoy.



Suddenly, the choice became mine.

I panicked.

But now, a decision has been made, and I'd like to introduce you to...

JAMES MCAVOY!

(surprise, surprise)



Look at that quizzical brow of his! He thought I was kidding when I gave him the news.

How could I not hire him? I mean, the ACCENT.



The eyes!



Also, he's funny.



Of course these are job requirements! What are you talking about?

Oh look, there he goes again, taking his shirt off.



He's still learning how to behave in the office, but I won't complain.

So there you have it, folks.

Don't forget to say hello to James on your way out! And maybe leave some memos. He's still learning the whole memos thing.

13 comments:

inthewritemind said...

Hi James! I'm glad you're here! :)

(BTW, Mariah do you know if Ben is still available? :P)

Elana Johnson said...

ROFL! Yeah, he's my kind of "assistant" all right. :)

Jonathon Arntson said...

Ha, I think those of us that correctly voted should get a prize. Just sayin'.

Btw, how's Silver Creek?

Ah - my word ver is driest, sounds like a Silver Creek shoutout!

Shannon Messenger said...

*Sighs*

Wish I could hire a gorgeous assistant, but somehow I think my husband wouldn't like that.

So I'll just live vicariously though you. ;)

BTW, sorry I haven't been commenting more. Editing has turned me into a blurker, but I have still been reading. I love your blog too much to miss it. :)

Sarah said...

Oh HI James! Mariah, it seems to me that James McaHotVoice (see what I did there?) and OrRyanGosling can get up to some *serious* feuding. They'll both whip off their shirts and, like, fight. Or something.
Well, as long as James stays away from OrRyanGosling's jaw...it's a sensitive area ever since that time he and JD got into it.

What's the point of this comment? I don't even know. But congratulations to you both! I hope this business relationship is happy and successful! :)

Mariah Irvin said...

inthewritemind: I think he's a little heartbroken I had to turn him down. He could really use some affection :)

Elana: Haha!

Jonathon: You were voting to choose who would be the assistant, not voting to see who I would pick! Things are going well in Silver Creek- Jane (MC) loves knowing where she is.

Shannon: Aww, thanks! I understand.

Sarah: Haha! McHotVoice! Perfect! I think he might challenge OrRyanGosling soon...

Kimberly Franklin said...

Oh James, there you go again making my day! : )

Hope you like you new assistant!

Melissa said...

Even though I voted for Orlando, I still love your choice:)

I'm with Shannon...I'd like to hire an assistant, but the husband wouldn't be too pleased. At least I can check out yours:)

Natalie Murphy said...

God he's gorgeous.

I'm totally jealous.

Shannon O'Donnell said...

Hi, James! Apparently you have quite a fan club! :-)

Jen said...

He is such a hunk!!!

Hi James!!! I wish I could have a hunky assistant!

I love your blog... :)

Jonathon Arntson said...

Fine. :(

;)

Mary Campbell said...

Great choice - I love James McAvoy. Hey congrats on finishing your first job - very awesome.