Thursday, January 21, 2010

You Guys Are Amazing!

Just to be clear, that "amazing" in the title should be pronounced ah-mah-zing.

I admit it- I was in a funk yesterday. You guys pulled me out of it with your sweet comments and support, though!

Ever since I've begun blogging, I've been surprised by the kindness the writing community has shown me, especially when many commenters hardly know me! Writing is a unifying experience, to say the least.

Now, as I've reached 50 blog followers, I realize that I wouldn't trade any of them for 500 followers that noticed me but didn't really care about me. I was honestly amazed that I even made it to three followers when I started this blog a year ago. "Could there really be people out there that are interested in me? Me?" was what kept running through my head.

So, to my 50 followers I say THANK YOU for sticking with me and supporting me through my moodiness. I hope I can repay the favor!

Cyber hugs for everyone!

Also, you'll be happy to know that my new assistant comes into work tomorrow. Don't miss it!

13 comments:

Carrie Harris said...

You = awesome.

That's all I have to say.

Christine Danek said...

Love your blog. I can sympathize with moddiness too so I am glad you are happy and congrats on 50 followers. I am just getting into this blog thing so my computer savviness is not the best but I did give you a happy award on my blog :)
Take Care.

Kristin Rae said...

Congrats on the climbing follower numbers! I am with you... I totally love this supportive online community!

Southern Princess said...

Darl'n YOU are Ah-MAY-ZING! ;o)

I was just like you - never thought anyone would even care much less read what I had to say.

This community is wonderfully therapeutic and I must say it is nice to return the favor ;o)

Sarah said...

Teehee, we're not going anywhere, Mariah! And that's exactly how I feel - I love having followers that know me and aren't so sick of me (yet) that they keep coming back and commenting. It's the very best!

Also, YOUR NEW ASSISTANT COMES INTO WORK TOMORROW! Suddenly, I really wish our assistants could have a feud. Is there something wrong with me?

Lisa and Laura said...

We are constantly blown away by the support system we've found in other writers. It's so nice to find people who actually get us!

inthewritemind said...

LOL, seems like we're on the same page today! Thank you for being there for me too :)

We should just make this "I love my supportive writing community" day.

Melissa said...

Amen to this! We are a pretty awesome bunch:) Can't wait to see your new assistant.

Mariah Irvin said...

As always, you guys are making me smile! It's been an excellent day of good vibes!

Love you all <3

Brigitte said...

just posting this makes you the "aw" in "awesome". <3

looking-glass-fables.blogspot.com

Elana Johnson said...

I'm obviously a day late and a dollar short, but you know. Glad to be here!

Jonathon Arntson said...

Consider the debt paid when you get a book out there and we get to see the transformation!

Sarah said...

Congratulations on 50 followers :)