Monday, February 8, 2010

I Really Need to Get Paid For This

Natalie Murphy gave me an award!




Yay! My writing is creative! Thanks, Natalie!

Which reminds me... Jon said I had to post some of my writing this week. What do you guys want? Book excerpt? Angsty poetry?

Just kidding about that last one.

But, speaking of writing, Jane and August from Jane's Air are driving me absolutely crazy. Especially this weekend, when I was trying to do homework.



Me: Please, would you two get out of my brain for, like, five minutes? Three minutes? I'm begging you! This paper will not write itself, you guys.

Jane: Sorry, Mariah. It's just that, you know, you have to write us. We won't go away until you get some editing done.

Me: Psh. We all know that you don't want me to edit. You want me to write more, as in sequel more. I can't do it right now, I'm sorry.

August: Why not? Don't you love us? *puckers bottom lip and has sad eyes*

Me: James! James! McHotVoice! Get over here! Save me from myself! I can't resist the lip-puckering!

McHotVoice: *sigh* I don't get paid enough for this.

Me: Er, that's because I don't pay you. This is an educational, um, internship.



I'll leave it there. Things got a little crazy after that. Also, Jane, August and I discussed confidential things.

*flops onto desk* So tired.

6 comments:

Jonathon Arntson said...

I love the imagery of Jane and August standing opposite on your shoulders, like the angel and devil.

I would like to see anything you want to show. A chapter, a thread of dialogue, a description of Silver Creek (with a John Green style footnote stating that I named the town). In case you haven't noticed, Ri, I am all about recognition.

Natalie said...

Ha! You are hilarious. And I'm all for the angsty poetry. :)

Brigitte said...

very intriguing indeed! ;)

Hayley said...

Ooo can we have both? I really want to read both, excerpts and angsty poetry. And I'm sorry they've been distracting you, but I agree with them, you should write them. Papers are boring. There what all nighters are for...

Lisa and Laura said...

We vote for angsty poetry! Who doesn't love a little angst?

Good luck balancing, lady. Sounds like you've got some pretty demanding characters.

Sarah said...

I vote angsty poetry too, but I could be biased! ;)