Monday, February 22, 2010

Impressions

I looked over my website this weekend, and I'm beginning to wonder if you all think I'm boy-crazy. I mean, I featured attractive men in my posts three out of five times last week.

For the record, that's not the kind of person I am in real life. When you guys read my blog for maybe five minutes a day five days a week, that's the only impression you get of me. So, when I swoon over guys more than I talk about writing, it's easy to see how anyone might see me as slightly obsessed.

I've decided to give my Resident Expert posts a break for a while, at least from the attractive men you've become accustomed to seeing every Friday. I might feature bands, books, movies, or I might get rid of it for good. Let me know what you think.

What do you guys want to read about? My blog is supposed to be geared towards writing, so I'm going to focus on that as much as possible. I mean, there has to be a break every once and a while, or I'm sure we'll all go crazy.

Just let me know in the comments what you'd be interested in reading, and I'll see what I can do.

Anyways, I leave you today with one of my new favorite songs.

9 comments:

JenE said...

I vote for keeping the Resident Expert posts! But I understand if you need to be an expert on other things besides hot guys. (But don't lose the hot guys all together. Please?)

Jonathon Arntson said...

Haha, I hope me calling you lustful didn't hurt your feelings...but I see your point.

I like your posts and the hot guys...so, maybe if you always post a picture, but keep your content writing or review related...I still like things the way you have them.

inthewritemind said...

I like your Resident Expert posts. :) But I understand why you want to re-focus. But still...don't get rid of the R.E. posts with the hot guys entirely!

Anyway, I have a hard time suggesting what you should post about that's writing related as I have a hard time myself trying to think of something that will interest readers. I do like the idea of posting book reviews or movie reviews or anything media related.

Sarah said...

Um, nothing wrong with being boy-crazy (for the record, I don't think you are...I actually do more than watch TV/refresh People, which you'd be hard-pressed to prove judging from my blog).

Book reviews are fun! And you have great taste in music, so you could tell us what you're listening to.

Kimberly Franklin said...

Yes , please don't loose them all together. Noting wrong with hot boy speak. ; )

Mariah Irvin said...

Okay, I guess Resident Expert is staying!

Jon, it'll take a lot more than calling me lustful to offend me, trust me. It just kinda made me step back and look at the blog as a whole- I've been needing to rework things for awhile now.

Jonathon Arntson said...

Hm, I am glad for your perspective. I would love to see more writing stuff. Not just snippets, but like where in the process you are and specifics. Tell us about the classes you are taking. Do a one-min vlog about something. But keep the boys.

Jonathon Arntson said...

I was thinking, maybe it would help to create determined days. I am sure you're familiar with the ones on my blog. They don't have to be named or strict, but you can predetermine the subject matter so that every Tuesday you...and then Thursday something else...

~Jamie said...

hehe I do the guy swoon thing too, and I'm always worried people will thing I'm all nuts :) Maybe it just makes for good blog fodder!