Friday, February 5, 2010

Resident Expert: Characters

If you've seen my latest vlog, you'll probably remember how many times I talked about "swoon-worthy" guys in the YA books I just finished reading.

The books were written well, too!

But, for the sake of this post, let's talk about characters we crush on, shall we?

I'm just going to point out the obvious real quick...



...and now we can continue.

*cough cough* PEETA!



Also, I'm seriously in love with Po, from Graceling and Sam, from Shiver.

August from my book, Jane's Air, also goes without saying.

Do you guys have literary crushes? Or even movie character crushes?

Would I seem too desperate if I bought this shirt?

7 comments:

Jonathon Arntson said...

Yes.

Kimberly Franklin said...

No. Peta is dreamy!

inthewritemind said...

Um, movie character wise--Prince Caspian. Susan rejected him so I say he's mine now :P

Also, I have a TV show crush. Have you ever heard of Firefly? It wasn't on more than 13 episodes, but there's a bit of a cult following for it (and I'm probably one of those followers...). Anyway, I crush hardcore on Jayne (and yes that's a guy :P). He's a bit of a bad a** but there's something about him that's swoonworthy. At least to me. I also realize that the actor who plays him is almost twice my age but I don't care :P

If you google "firefly jayne" you'll see what I mean :)

I have too many literary crushes...

Sarah said...

Literary crushes? Absolutely!

Pretty much every Sarah Dessen boy and Peeta. Definitely.

August is pretty hot, too. ;)

Natalie said...

Oh Peeta! I love him too.

Nicole Ducleroir said...

I'm reading The Hunger Games right now -- LOVE IT! -- and I'm torn between Peeta and Gale (*sigh*). They've both captured my fancy!

Great blog you have here!

Carolina Valdez Miller said...

I want this shirt!! Where can I buy?

Seriously, I fall in love all over again every time I read a new book.