Friday, February 19, 2010

Resident Expert: Takeshi Kaneshiro

*jumps up and down ecstatically*

You guys have no idea how much I'm loving this post right now. NO. IDEA.

Last Friday, I watched "House of Flying Daggers" with a couple of my friends (yes, I know it's from 2004, I'm slow with these things).

From the second Takeshi Kaneshiro walked on screen, I was in love.



You see, I've been studying Mandarin, and this is a Chinese film. Takeshi is half Japanese and half Taiwanese, but he was wonderful in this film. I'm so glad the version I watched wasn't dubbed in English; his voice is sooooooo sexy.

Oh, the rest of the movie was good too. Like, this is one of my favorite movies now good. The action scenes are intense and the plot continually surprised me (which, sadly isn't the case with movies nowadays).

This is the scene where his character, Jin, first meets Mei, a blind member of the Flying Daggers (a rebel group).

Jin is drunk in this, so forgive him.



I may or may not be teaching myself this song so I can woo Takeshi whenever I meet him. Yes, it will happen.

Oh gawd, I love his hair. It's so beautiful!

I can't find a good video of him in an action scene, so you'll have to settle for these pics of him instead.







Sigh.

Oh! And he'll be in a new movie next month! Click this link of awesomeness. I may or may not have downloaded this trailer to my iPod.

Hint: I definitely did.

4 comments:

Jonathon Arntson said...

I still haven't seen, "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon", so don't feel so behind.

You're are very lustful.

inthewritemind said...

Thanks for this :) LOL, is it sad that I've had already most of these pics on my computer for over a year as "character reference" for my one character? :P He may not look exactly like Ryuji but he's close...

It's funny how similiar we are in some things :P

lotusgirl said...

Very interesting. I'm behind the times too. I'm going to have to check out that movie.

Sarah said...

Your Resident Expert posts are awesome. I hadn't heard of Takeshi Kaneshiro until now! I'm thinking I might have to checking out his films...you know, to see how good of an actor he is.