No, I didn't steal that title from a Montell Jordan song. *cough*
Don't judge me.
Anyways, last week I posted a book trailer for Jane's Air (which I've re-posted below for the sake of this post), and a few people asked if I could share how I made it.
Um, does that mean I'm giving advice? *panics*
Okay, I'm better now.
Now I will instruct you on how to make your very own book trailer! Yay! Pay close attention, folks, I talk fast.
1) Sign up on One True Media. It makes everything SO much easier, trust me. I mean, not that I've tried any other way.
2) Do you have an idea of how long you want it to be? I kept mine around a minute and a half. Text slides take up more time than you would initially expect.
3) Speaking of text, do you have a brief synopsis of your book? You'll need something catchy and suspenseful, something that gets your viewers to ask questions.
4) Pictures! Do you already have pictures? I had to look up some online (which was more difficult than I thought it would be). If you can't Google Image them, try using Photobucket or Flikr (you'll need to give credit for the latter).
5) Music! The awesome thing about One True Media is you can choose music they own or upload your own. I used their music because I felt like it fit with the theme I was going for- heartache.
Voila! You have a book trailer!
I hope this was helpful! If anyone has any questions, or even wants help with their trailer, feel free to ask.
2 hours ago