Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Deal With The Universe

After much bargaining, I have finally made a deal with The Universe.

First, I promise to get a pink or purple streak in my hair if/when I get an agent. This might not sound like a big deal to you, but it is to me. I've never dyed my hair before, and as a college student I'm thinking it may be difficult for me to get a job with pink/purple hair (especially because I want to be a journalist).

I don't plan on sending queries for Jane's Air until May, but it's important to plan ahead, right?

Second, if/when I sell my book (big if) I promise to RUN A MARATHON.

Yes, let that sink in for a moment. I said MARATHON.

That's 26.2 miles.

The most I've ever run was a half marathon and that was years ago. Needless to say, this deal with The Universe is, well, a big deal.

Am I crazy for making these deals with The Universe? I certainly hope so.

Now I leave you with the song that won't get out of my head. I'm not really a fan of Lady GaGa, but this song really makes me want to dance!

I'm not posting the actual music video because it scares and confuses me.



Happy Tuesday! I think I might post something from Jane's Air tomorrow... maybe.

6 comments:

inthewritemind said...

That close to sending queries? I'm jealous :)

Perhaps I should stop being lazy and actually work on my book :P

And the pink/purple stripe can be subtle. I put two pink stripes in my hair my freshman year of college (there may be some Facebook photos of it somewhere...)

Stephanie Cheryl said...

I want to run a marathon some day. It's one of my life long goals.

I hope everything goes well for you, because a pink/purple streak in one's hair looks AWESOME. I had blue for a couple weeks one time.

seeyouupside said...

I dyed my hair a dark reddish brown my freshman year of college. If its temporary, it'll be okay--I think-- for a job.

OMG MARIAH YOU ARE SO CLOSE TO QUERYING!!!!! Holy crack!!!!!

Melissa said...

When you do get the chance to dye your hair, be sure to post plenty of pictures:)

Can't believe you're getting to query so soon! Good luck!!!!

Shannon Messenger said...

YES! Another writer makes deals with the universe. Can't wait to see the dyed hair and marathon pictures--I have a feeling it won't be all that long of a wait. ;)

Kimberly Franklin said...

I think that's a great idea. I've been thinking of a deal to make with the universe. But, hmmmm... so many deals to choose from. : )