Thursday, March 18, 2010

*fist pump*

The last few nights I've been spending way too much time on editing and not enough on homework (or having a social life) so I could finish my current draft of Jane's Air.

And as of 12:21 a.m. this morning (which is when I'm writing this post) I have finished!

*exhaustion*

I may or may not have cried.

This was my third draft. The second draft I mostly went through and did spot editing, but this draft got some major work done. In the end, I gained over 2,000 more words.

I really want to post a Wordle, but for some reason the application isn't working on my computer :(

Anyways, I was working so hard to get it done lately because my Spring Break starts tomorrow afternoon. Sometime today, I'm going to go print all 223 pages of it so I can get some more work done over break. I think being able to put a pen to paper will help me focus.

So, besides my Resident Expert post tomorrow, I probably won't be posting for the next week while I'm at home. When I get back I'll be looking for betas, so stay tuned!

For now, I will leave you one of my favorite moments from "Friends".



Wow. I'm reaaaaaaaally loopy right now.

10 comments:

Jonathon Arntson said...

I love that clip and your revision update!!

Southern Princess said...

Wonderful update!!

I LOVE THAT SCENE FROM FRIENDS! As you may or may not know I am a FRIENDS fanatic. That is one of the best, course when Rachel tries to rap by her self in that episode is just great too... ;o)

Ahhh, thanks for the smile this morning!

Visit My Kingdom Anytime

inthewritemind said...

Yay for betas! One of the most important parts of the writing process :)

Have a great spring break!

Tina Laurel Lee said...

Have a great break!

Melissa said...

Way to go Mariah! That has to be an awesome feeling:)

Sarah said...

Whoohoo! *tosses confetti* Congrats!

Hayley said...

Go Mariah!! This is very exciting, now I think you should go off and sleep, it's very important!

sraasch said...

Yay Spring Break!! Yay accomplishment!! Yay big butts!!

Um. Wait, got carried away...

Kaylie said...

Congrats on the third draft. But don't cry about it. You know the song, "Don't cry for me, Third Draft Novel..." I'm currently working on my second draft and I haven't cried yet, though I think I have pulled out a few hairs.

Kat O'Keeffe said...

Yay! Congratulations on finishing your draft! Enjoy your spring break of editing!