Thursday, March 4, 2010

Pants On Fire!

Today has been reserved for silliness! And what could be sillier than reading my boldfaced lies?



That's right! Sarah gave me the "Creative Writer" award, and now I must lie to you!

Six of the following seven "facts" are lies. Which one is the truth?!



1) At my university, you can major in puppetry. Yes, that's a real thing. Think Jim Henson, people. I've been to three puppet performances so far. My favorite puppet has a mustache above his nose!

2) I am absolutely terrified of monkeys. Seriously, they creep me out, especially when the eat with their feet *shiver*

3) When I was seven years old, my appendix burst. I still like to point out my scar a la Madeline.

4) The first "book" I ever wrote was about a middle school aged boy named Sean. He had a crush on the popular girl, but he didn't realize that his best friend was in love with him. Original, right?

5) My mouth is really big. Wanna see me put my fist in it?

6) At a Coldplay concert, Chris Martin ran through the audience and almost tripped RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME. When he caught himself, he gave me a little wink and kept on running. I almost passed out.

7) I'm in a women's choir and have been known to do some mean scatting. Doo bop ba dee doop.



Wow. I sound supremely lame right now.

Which is the truth? I'll tell you tomorrow right before the Resident Expert post!

Leave some good lies for me in the comments, in case this award ever comes my way again.

Also, I'm not really sure how this award is passed on, so take it if you haven't already gotten it!

5 comments:

Jonathon Arntson said...

1) Truth, even though I am afraid of puppets.
2) I really am afraid of puppets! Almost all animals, in fact.
3) Madeleine is my first pick for a girl's name. Olivia is second. I don't believe this one.
4) The quotation marks around book disqualifies this entry.
5) Your mouth doesn't look very lard in photos.
6) I would've passed out too, but he didn't do this.
7) I'm in one too.

Shannon O'Donnell said...

Oooo, these are too good. I think I could believe most of them (not #1, though). I look forward to seeing which one is truth! :-)

Congrats on the award.

Kimberly Franklin said...

I love the liar award. Congrats! I vote # 4 as true.

Sarah said...

I'm guessing #3. I don't know why, but I am. Could I bribe you (with pictures of McHighVoice, of course) to call #3 your answer so I can be right? I have yet to be right on one of these things...well, except my own!

:] said...

W-wait. You CAN'T major in puppetry?
...Well, it looks like that option's out.

(By the way, I'm thinkin' #7.)