Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Sporadic Post Fail

I, Mariah Irvin, am a LIAR.

Okay, that was a little dramatic. Let me start over.

I said I would be posting sporadically, but I haven't posted anything in over a week. Fail.

I have, however, been reading and writing, so I have good excuses!

Busy busy busy. Yep, that's me.

Now that I am home, I'm going through some old stuff and finding my old writing. Old as in from when I was 12 and trying to write a novel. You guys wanna read it? It's pretty funny. Maybe I can have a "younger self" themed week where I post the craptastic writing of my childhood for our entertainment.

Anyways, I leave you with this song because it reminds me of my WiP, officially temporarily titled The Quiet Calling (I think), which I have been editing and researching like mad for the last week.



How cute is that song? I just wanna hug it.

6 comments:

JEM said...

Enjoy the time off and make time for us bloggers!

C. Michael Fontes said...

In 3rd grade I wrote a book about a boy and an alien. Long story short (actually, short story short), the alien crashes, boy befriends alien, alien gets lost again (stupid alien!), boy finds alien, the end.

inthewritemind said...

Now I need to go home and look at mine...

I also wrote a craptastic novel at 12! (Well, technically 11-12; I started in 5th grade). I even did all sorts of research for it, including walking the trails in the local park with my dad to try and get an idea what it would've looked like during my book's time period.

Yes, even at 12 I was a history geek :P

:] said...

That's quite brave. I would not even THINK about posting my own craptastic writing from yester-year. I would probably die of embarassment, and then be revived only to die once more.

Hayley said...

Not posting to write is a good thing, go you! Also I posted pic-tures (singsong voice_

Melissa said...

I attempted to write a book when I was 11, but I have no idea what I did with it. So sad because I'd love to go back and take a look at it again:(