Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Stop Motion

Stop motion animation is flippin' amazing. That is, until you do it yourself. Then, it's long a tedious! The final result is always amazing, though.

Less than a week ago, Maggie Stiefvater released the stop motion book trailer for Linger, due to be released July 20.

I was already pretty excited for this book, but now I'm super hyped. Watch!



Chills, right?

I probably shouldn't do this, seeing as Maggie's is so amazing, but I recently completed my own stop motion video. It's inspired by Oren Lavie's music video for his song "Her Morning Elegance".

Anyways, after about 20 hours of work (which isn't that long in stop motion time!) here's my video:



I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out, considering it was my first attempt at stop motion. Hopefully I can make another one soon!

5 comments:

Courtney Barr - The Southern Princess said...

I don't think there is anything you do that I WON'T love!

Mariah that was awesome! I am extremely impressed! Wow.

Great job!

Visit My Kingdom Anytime

JEM said...

That was incredible! I am now in awe of your stop motion magic!

sraasch said...

Your stop motion video was AMAZING!! I've been thinking about making one too. Yours has me entirely intimidated :) That was so, so cool.

Hayley said...

That was an awesome stop motion, I could never do that. And I'm pumped for Linger it is taking WAY too long to get here.

Jonathon Arntson said...

Wa. I left a superfely comment earlier and now it's not here :(

It was something about how I am paying you to make a trailer for my book someday. Before then, I'd like to see a stop-motion trailer for JANE'S AIR.