Friday, July 23, 2010

Resident Expert: Bright Star

I thought I'd pop in for a quick Resident Expert Friday. I finally saw the movie "Bright Star" and day-um is it good. Seriously. Mariah was crying at the end.

Here's the trailer, if you haven't seen the movie:



Also, here is John Keats' poem that inspired the movie:

Bright star, would I were stedfast as thou art--
Not in lone splendour hung aloft the night
And watching, with eternal lids apart,
Like nature's patient, sleepless Eremite,
The moving waters at their priestlike task
Of pure ablution round earth's human shores,
Or gazing on the new soft-fallen mask
Of snow upon the mountains and the moors--
No--yet still stedfast, still unchangeable,
Pillow'd upon my fair love's ripening breast,
To feel for ever its soft fall and swell,
Awake for ever in a sweet unrest,
Still, still to hear her tender-taken breath,
And so live ever--or else swoon to death.




Sorry I don't have time to swoon over this movie more... maybe another day! Happy Friday!

6 comments:

Michelle Davidson Argyle said...

I cannot wait to see that movie!!!

Jonathon Arntson said...

I loved it so much!

inthewritemind said...

Yep I saw it. And I bawled so hard at the end...I honestly don't think I've cried that hard in a movie in a LOOONG time. (I cry in movies a lot but not the gut wrenching sobs that overcame me when I saw that)

Despite the sobbing, I enjoyed the movie. :)

JEM said...

Thanks for sharing, I'll have to check it out! Although when everyone cops to bawling at the film, I don't think it will be a Friday night date watching thing.

joven said...

beautiful blog..pls visit mine and be a follower.. thanks and God bless..

http://forlots.blogspot.com/

sraasch said...

NO!

Was it a good sobbing? Bad sobbing? Tragic sobbing? I MUST KNOW!

(I guess I could google Keats and find out how it ends...but that'd be too much work.)

The trailer makes my chest hurt. I can't imagine what the actual movie would do.