Tuesday, August 17, 2010

LINGER

A couple of weeks ago, I read Linger by Maggie Stiefvater.



This book was the sequel to Shiver, and it's one of those books that makes me want to stop writing.

That's a compliment! I swear!

You see, Stiefvater's prose is so eloquent it makes me want to stop writing because it makes me think I'll never write as well as she can.

Yep. THAT GOOD.

I don't want to give anything major away, so I'll just say it left me wanting more, and dying for the final book Forever to be released. I would post the synopsis of the book, but it gives away parts of Shiver for those of you that haven't read it yet. So you'll all have to trust me when I say that this book made my heart ache in ways I didn't previously know were possible. I was left gasping for breath, hungering for more.

Also, Sam = SWOON.

This is how I picture him:



Only, with yellow eyes, of course.

You know what's kewl? You can go win your very own SIGNED copies of Shiver and Linger at the First Novels Club! That is, if I don't :)

2 comments:

Kimberly Franklin said...

I absolutely loved Linger. And I know what you mean about making you want to stop writing. I felt the samw way too. :)

Hayley said...

I actually won a signed copy of Linger from Frankie and haven't gotten to it yet, a little Miss Jane has been taking up my free reading time not that I mind August is adorable. And yellow eyes are very attractive!