Thursday, September 9, 2010

Blogger Dilemma

Question to all bloggers that are more technologically gifted than I am:

Why can't I comment on certain sites using my Google account? Or even my name and web address for that matter? Is it me? *cries*

For example, I can't post a comment on Jon's blog. This was very frustrating yesterday when I was trying to proclaim my love the Freelance Whales.

I've definitely been reading all your blogs, my bloggy friends, but until I can figure all this out I can only comment on a few. Sorry!

Here, have some love:



I... can't... tear.... eyes... away....

*bobs head*

6 comments:

Michelle Davidson Argyle said...

Sometimes it's the type of comment-box they are using. I've noticed the "embedded box" on some blogs have problems. I'm going to change all the comment boxes on my blogs to the "separate-page" boxes. That seems to cause less problems.

This is just what I've run across so far.

C. Michael Fontes said...

What is the issue, exactly? I just checked that post, and it seems google accounts should work just fine.

Sarah said...

I've had that problem on a couple of blogs recently too - I think Michelle is right about the embedded comment boxes. Hope it's resolved soon!

Patti said...

I have a hard time commenting on Livejournal blogs. Haven't had any other problems, maybe it's something wrong with their settings, like someone else said.

Mariah Irvin said...

Michelle- I think you're right. I usually have trouble with the embedded comments, but sometimes they're just fine, too.

Chris- I type in my google account correctly, but then the screen goes blank like I never wrote a comment at all.

I really hope this gets fixed!

C. Michael Fontes said...

Can you try using a different browser type? Like IE, Firefox, Chrome... just not what you use normally, then see if it is still happening. IT could be a CSS related issue, and browsers render them all diff.