Tuesday, October 26, 2010

A Combination of Things

My manuscript and I are finally getting along again, which makes me think I won't be around the blogosphere much for the rest of the week. So, I think I shall combine a couple posts right.... now!

First, (and I know this is been around for a while) I'm seriously addicted to this song. It combines my favorite things: literary things, rock music, and Ben Folds. I'm quite fond of the vlogger as well :)



Next, last night I watched the new PBS show "Sherlock" and O-M-EFFING-G it is such a good show. I can barely even put into words how much I loved it (thanks for telling me about it, Stephanie). It's funny, intense, and has some Brits, which we all know I'm fond of. It's a great modern adaptation of Sherlock Holmes; I envy the writer who wondered what Holmes would be like in the 21st Century (he loves texting).



Thanks to the show, I've picked up a number of one liners. Fabulousity!

Last, a real live writer is coming in to my creative writing class on Wednesday. Her name is Jill McCorkle, and we read her new book of short stories, Going Away Shoes. I definitely think it's something worth checking out. If I have time, I'll try to write a post about some of her writing tips.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I only have five days before NaNoWriMo to finish my current round of edits... starting now!

1 comment:

Anita Saxena said...

I'm going to have to check out Sherlock. I won't deny it. I've got a THING for British accents.