Friday, October 15, 2010

Resident Expert: The Tudors

I'm talking 'bout the television series, but I like to think I'm a general expert when it comes to the Tudor family. What can I say? History nerd!



Anywho, I've been watching waaaaay too much of "The Tudors" lately. Before that, I've only ever seen an episode here or there (evil Culpepper!) so I never really got into it. Even now, knowing everything that happens with Henry VII, I'm still kept interested because there's so much I didn't know about his council.

A lot of the times the show leaves me with mixed feelings, though. One minute, I'll be thinking "That guy is cray-cray!" and the next I'm like "Oh, poor guy. Why does Henry have to kill him?"

Yeah. Lots of killing and craziness. Also Henry saying "I love France, no wait, I hate France!"

Then the show goes "Too much killing. Let's have some sexy sexiness! Who will Henry's mistress be this week?"

I mean, I guess it keeps me guessing.

Anyone else watch this show? I'm pretty sure it's over now; there were only four seasons and I just started season three.

Have a good weekend! I'll be on my fall break :)

4 comments:

Jonathon Arntson said...

jonathan. rhys. meyers.

inthewritemind said...

I don't watch it. It's a little too much "romping around" for me :P I know Henry VIII was notorious for it, but meh. I don't want to see it.

Also, the man was not an attractive person in real life. I'm sure you've seen the paintings of him...blech.

Sara Raasch said...

I'm a Tudor junkie. That show is braincrack. Season 4 comes out on DVD soon...October 20th, maybe? I should know when. I've been dreaming about it for MONTHS.

Jen Daiker said...

A co-worker of mine tells me how epically awesome (his words not mine... okay you got me... they're mine) so I'm thinking about snagging the seasons and watching them!!